Dear Iced Tea,
In the world of drinks I don't think that you are appreciated enough just for being you! I have been in love with you for years, but I don't think I have ever told you how much you mean to me. As the weather has started to warm up I have been thinking about you more than usual which is why I decided to write you a love letter. You come in so many varieties so I can't really pick a favorite! One minute I am thinking about a refreshing cup of iced green tea and then I will see a great looking peach iced tea that I absolutely need to try! Iced tea, you are the perfect way to cool down on a hot day or while relaxing indoors working on my little corner of the internet. I love that I can enjoy you at any moment of the day or night. I usually squeeze you in between other beverages, but I could really drink you all day long! I love making you at home as well as trying out new tea places. I am getting better at making you at home, but it's also fun to go out and try your latest varieties. I can never get tired of just going to the store and trying to figure out which type I want to try next. Now that the weather has warmed up, I am looking forward to trying out a ton of new varieties that I have never tried! I can not say enough good things about you, but for now I am going to let you go so I can go whip up a fresh batch of iced green or possibly peach tea!
I have been trying to come up with some new ideas for blog posts so I decided to make myself a list of post ideas that I can use when I am struggling to come up with a new post. I have read a few blog post idea lists, but I have never found one specifically for beauty posts. This is why I have decided to share my list of 30 beauty blog posts with you!
- Monthly Favorites
- Skincare Routine
- Product Review
- Everyday Makeup Routine
- First Impressions
- DIY Beauty Treatments
- Haircare Routine
- Hairstyle Tutorial
- Seasonal Makeup Tutorial
- Makeup Storage & Organization
- Beauty Bucket List
- Celebrity Inspired Makeup Tutorial
- Nail Art Tutorial
- Makeup/Skincare Haul
- Product Empties
- Whats in my Makeup Bag?
- Whats in my Travel Makeup Bag?
- Makeup Tips for Different Skin Types (Dry Skin, Oily Skin, Combination Skin)
- Makeup Tips for Different Eye Colors
- Battle of the Mascaras, Eye Shadows, Lipsticks, etc.
- Try It! (Test out a new product or application method)
- Makeup Dupes (Find a drugstore product that is similar to a high end product)
- Manicure/Pedicure Routine
- GRWM (Get Ready With Me)
- Best of (you can focus on one brand or one type of makeup such as foundation, mascara, or lipsticks)
- Dramatic/Date Night Makeup Routine
- Beginners Guide To (Contouring, Winged Eyeliner, Smoky Eye, etc.)
- Best Drugstore Products
- Best High-End Products
- Products I Will Be Re-Purchasing/Not Re-Purchasing
I hope you enjoyed reading my 30 beauty blog post ideas! I will definitely be referencing this list on days when I don't know what to write. If you are a fellow beauty blogger I hope that this list has given you some new ideas for posts. If your not a blogger then at least you have an idea of some of my future posts. This list should keep you and me busy for quite a while, but when I run out of ideas I'm sure that I will start a new list. Let me know in the comments if you think this list has been helpful or if you want me to come up with more blog post idea lists for other topics.
See you soon,
Winter has left me with really dry skin so I have been on the hunt for a good remedy. After trying out a few new things, I ended up going back to using a scrub. I have been using scrubs for years and even though I have tried other things I always go back to using a scrub. Scrubs are really easy to make at home and this scrub is one of my favorites. I have tried both salt and sugar scrubs, but I prefer using sugar because it's gentler on the skin. Here's an easy and great smelling scrub you can make with ingredients you probably already have at home in minutes!
- 1 cup of Sugar (I like using cane sugar because it has a rougher texture than regular sugar)
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup of Olive Oil
All you have to do is mix everything together and your done! You can store this scrub in an airtight container for about a month without it going bad. This scrub smells great and it makes my entire bathroom smell amazing! Its so easy to make whenever you want without having to run out to the store. This scrub is perfect for getting rid of dry skin before applying self tanner or just when you want to have soft and smooth skin. This scrub would also make a perfect gift! I love trying out different beauty DIY's so please let me know of your favorite beauty DIY in the comments below.
See you soon,
Hello! If you are a regular reader then you will know that I love Daiso! Daiso is basically a Japanese dollar store, but most items are a $1.50 and a few items are $3.00 which stills makes it a great bargain. I love shopping at Daiso because it has a ton of really cute stuff that I normally can't find anywhere else! Its kinda like a more cutesy or Kawaii version of the 99 Cents Store. There are several stores in the U.S. but you can also shop online link! if there isn't a store near you. If you want to see what I picked up then keep on reading!
Folding Bag Hooks
These are great to use when you don't want to put your purse on the floor. I used to have one of these, but I lost it so this time I picked up 2. I love using these bag hooks because they are very sturdy and secure! I carry a huge purse (I carry way too much stuff!) and it has never fallen down.
Hair Coloring Set
I picked this up so that I don't make a mess next time I color my hair. It comes with everything you will need for 2 coloring sessions. It comes with 2 caps, capes, sets of gloves, a brush, and even tiny caps for your ears (I had no clue these existed!). Now I can't wait to color my hair!
I love these shower caps! I like them better than the ones at the dollar store because they are bigger and more sturdy. I have a ton of hair so most shower caps don't have enough room to fit all of my hair. I love using these for days when I skip washing my hair or over a hair mask.
I just couldn't resist picking these up because they are so cute! Normally reinforcement stickers are usually white so I was surprised to find them come in cute prints. I will admit that I don't actually need them at the moment, but I do plan on using them at some point.
I love trying out new designs on my nails and these seem like an easy way to add some sparkle to my next manicure! I have tried some of these in the past and they were really easy to put on. I find that they tend to last for about 3 or 4 days without falling off so they are great for a party or any special occasion.
I hope that you enjoyed my Daiso haul! I had a lot of fun picking out this stuff and I already can't wait to go back for more. I love trying out Daiso products so please feel free to leave your recommendations for Daiso products you think I should try in the comments below.
See you soon,
Hello! Since I have so much fun with makeup I thought that it would be fun to do the My Makeup Story Tag. I have seen this tag go around online (in blog posts and YouTube) for the past few years so I am excited to share my answers with you!
How old were you when you started wearing makeup?
- I started wearing makeup when I was about 16 or 17
How did you get into makeup?
- I have always been interested in makeup ever since I was a kid. I loved watching my mom put on her makeup and she would let me play with her brushes.
What are some of your favorite brands?
- At the moment my favorite brands are Rimmel, Wet n Wild, and Covergirl
What does makeup mean to you?
- Makeup is a fun way to express myself and change up my look. I really just have a lot of fun with makeup and I don't take it too seriously.
If you could only wear 4 products, what would they be?
- Lipgloss, concealer, mascara, and BB cream
- My favorite thing about makeup is that it's not permanent! I love being able to try out different looks without making any permanent changes to my face.
- I think that high-end makeup has a great variety of color choices and the quality is usually amazing. However, I love drugstore makeup because it's affordable and the quality is sometimes even better than high-end makeup.
- I would have to say practice, practice, practice! The best part about makeup is that it washes off so you can keep trying to get the perfect winged eyeliner until you can do it effortlessly. In fact, I still can't do winged eyeliner for the life of me, but I am getting better!
- Lately I have been hearing a lot about "baking" which makes no sense to me! Baking is basically applying a thick layer of powder over your foundation and concealer. You let the powder set and then wipe most of it off. In my opinion this just seems like a complete waste of powder since you are wiping most of it away!
What do you think about the beauty community on YouTube?
- I have been a big fan of the beauty community on YouTube for years, but recently I have found it harder to find people that give genuine reviews.
I hope that you enjoyed reading my makeup story! I tag anyone who wants to this tag and if you do decide to do it I would love to check it out! I love doing tags because they are a lot of fun so please leave me your suggestions for tags that you would like me to do in the comments below.
See you soon,
I am always interested in ways to make my makeup last longer so setting spray have always seemed like a great idea. When setting sprays first came on the market a few years ago they were quite pricey so I held off on trying them. I was always hoping that a drugstore brand would come up with their own version. Fast forward a few years and there are several setting sprays from drugstore brands on the market. I picked up this setting spray from Wet n Wild in my latest makeup haul link! and I could wait to try it out! I was so excited to find a setting spray for about $5 so I had to pick it up. Keep on reading if you want to know my thoughts on it!
Wet n Wild Photofocus Setting Spray link!
- It does a great job of making my face makeup last throughout the day!
- Doesn't leave a sticky film on the face (I was really worried about it leaving an annoying residue on my face)
- It dries really fast!
- The bottles sprays an even mist across the face
- It didn't irritate my skin
- Doesn't have a scent (I was worried that it would smell like hairspray!)
- Didn't change the finish of my makeup
- It didn't make my eye makeup last any longer than usual
- The cap is really flimsy! I have only had it for about 2 weeks and it already has a ton of cracks in it
- It feels like I had already used a lot of it and the bottle is tiny!
- I wish that it came in a larger size, but I guess I can't complain too much since it was only $5!
Overall, I really enjoyed this setting spray and it did make my makeup last longer without melting off my face. I sprayed it about 4 or 5 times across my entire face once I had all of my makeup on. I have used this over the past 2 weeks and it has really made a difference in the staying power of my makeup! I would love to try other setting sprays so please leave your recommendations in the comments below.
See you soon,
Hello! Life has gotten in the way of blogging for the past few days which has given me time to think about what I want to share with you. I have been on a roll with blogging for the past month and it feels great to back! I really missed blogging even though it has only been a few days since my last post. I have been trying to decide what my post would be about for the past few days, but nothing came to me. I know that it hasn't been that long since my last coffee break post, but I just feel like rambling so here it goes!
Getting back on track with Blogging
I have been back into blogging for the past month and it has been great! When I got off track about 6 months it was so hard to get back into it, but once I put up a new post it really got the ball rolling! I have noticed that there are times when I am really in the zone with blogging. For me, this means having a fairly consistent posting and networking schedule. This also includes all the behind the scenes work of writing, taking photos, marketing, etc. It's great when everything is going according to plan, but sometimes life just gets in the way of my plans. I love having a routine so when I cant follow my routine it really throws me off. This is what actually led to my break from blogging. The biggest lesson that I learned during my break was to learn to get back on track when things don't go according to plan. This isn't the easiest thing for me to do, but I am getting better at it. Today that means writing this post so that I can get back on track with my posting schedule.
Selling Stuff on Ebay
For the past 6 months or so I have been selling various items on Ebay. I started off selling clothes, shoes, and accessories that I wasn't using. I ended up doing pretty well on my items so I started selling jewelry and cell phone accessories. Those items ended up selling very well so I have decided to branch out and try selling other items. Right now I have jewelry, cell phone accessories, baby photo props (these are so cute!), and baby hair accessories. You can check out my items here link! and my username is purplegarcia91 if you want to look it up for yourself on Ebay.
I know that this is a pretty short coffee break, but I know that if I just keep typing I will start rambling. I will spare you anymore babbling for the meantime. You definitely deserve a cup of coffee for making it to the end of my ramblings!
See you soon,