Hello! I have been dying to try making my own lipstick and I finally found a method that works! This is so easy to make and you only need 2 ingredients, crayons and coconut oil. I wasn't sure about using crayons at first, but I found out that crayons are basically just paraffin wax and non-toxic coloring. From what I have read its perfectly safe to use on your face because they are safe for kids to eat. If you want to learn how to make you own lipstick then keep reading!
All you need is crayons and coconut oil! I used Crayola crayons because their colors tend to be more vibrant than other crayons.
- peel the wrapper off the crayons and break them into small pieces
- place a small amount of coconut oil and broken crayon pieces into a glass bowl or dish
- the amount of coconut oil you use will determine the pigmentation of your lipstick
- for more sheer coverage use more coconut oil, for more pigmentation use less coconut oil
- you can mix the colors to create any color you desire
- I used the equivalent of half a crayon for each lipstick
- hold your glass container over a lit candle to melt the crayons and coconut oil
- this only takes a minute or two to melt
- stir to mix the melted crayons and coconut oil together
- pour the mixture into your chosen container
- then you can pop it into the fridge for 10-15 minutes to let the lipstick set up
- that's it!
Here's my finished lipsticks!
I loved how the colors turned out, but next time I will use more coconut oil so they have a smoother consistency. The pigmentation was better than I expected which was amazing! These lipsticks are a matte finish and are surprisingly long lasting. I had a lot of fun making these and I can't wait to make more colors! Have you ever tried making your own lipsticks? What are your favorite beauty DIY's? Please feel free to leave your answers in the comments below.
See you soon,