Hello, I'm back! I know that I haven't posted in the last few months, but lately I have been dying to post so here I am back in my little corner of the internet.
Friday, May 20, 2016
Dear Iced Tea,
In the world of drinks I don't think that you are appreciated enough just for being you! I have been in love with you for years, but I don't think I have ever told you how much you mean to me. As the weather has started to warm up I have been thinking about you more than usual which is why I decided to write you a love letter.
Wednesday, May 18, 2016
I have been trying to come up with some new ideas for blog posts so I decided to make myself a list of post ideas that I can use when I am struggling to come up with a new post. I have read a few blog post idea lists, but I have never found one specifically for beauty posts. This is why I have decided to share my list of 30 beauty blog posts with you!
Monday, May 16, 2016
Winter has left me with really dry skin so I have been on the hunt for a good remedy. After trying out a few new things, I ended up going back to using a scrub. I have been using scrubs for years and even though I have tried other things I always go back to using a scrub. Scrubs are really easy to make at home and this scrub is one of my favorites. I have tried both salt and sugar scrubs, but I prefer using sugar because it's gentler on the skin. Here's an easy and great smelling scrub you can make with ingredients you probably already have at home in minutes!
Wednesday, May 11, 2016
Hello! If you are a regular reader then you will know that I love Daiso! Daiso is basically a Japanese dollar store, but most items are a $1.50 and a few items are $3.00 which stills makes it a great bargain. I love shopping at Daiso because it has a ton of really cute stuff that I normally can't find anywhere else! Its kinda like a more cutesy or Kawaii version of the 99 Cents Store. There are several stores in the U.S. but you can also shop online link! if there isn't a store near you. If you want to see what I picked up then keep on reading!
Monday, May 9, 2016
Hello! Since I have so much fun with makeup I thought that it would be fun to do the My Makeup Story Tag. I have seen this tag go around online (in blog posts and YouTube) for the past few years so I am excited to share my answers with you!
Friday, May 6, 2016
I am always interested in ways to make my makeup last longer so setting spray have always seemed like a great idea. When setting sprays first came on the market a few years ago they were quite pricey so I held off on trying them. I was always hoping that a drugstore brand would come up with their own version. Fast forward a few years and there are several setting sprays from drugstore brands on the market. I picked up this setting spray from Wet n Wild in my latest makeup haul link! and I could wait to try it out! I was so excited to find a setting spray for about $5 so I had to pick it up. Keep on reading if you want to know my thoughts on it!
Wednesday, May 4, 2016
Hello! Life has gotten in the way of blogging for the past few days which has given me time to think about what I want to share with you. I have been on a roll with blogging for the past month and it feels great to back! I really missed blogging even though it has only been a few days since my last post.
Friday, April 29, 2016
Hello! I love Lush because they have so many fun and unique products. I have been dying to try on of their shower jellies and I finally took the plunge! Shower jellies are basically ordinary shower gel in a jello form. I ended up trying the Whoosh Shower Jelly link! but it also comes in other scents. If you are just as intrigued as I was about shower jelly then keep on reading!
Wednesday, April 27, 2016
I love you and I think that you deserve some recognition! You are bright, shiny, and a fun part of my day. In fact you are one of my favorite parts in my getting ready routine. I know that you are not necessary, but thank you for always being there to brighten up my day. Whether I am in the mood for a dramatic look or a natural look you are always ready to go!
Monday, April 25, 2016
Hello! I have realized that although I have been blogging for awhile, you really don't know a lot about me. I think this is a perfect time for you to get to know more about the girl behind LittleMissFangirly. I thought it would be fun to share 10 random facts with you so you can get to know me better!
Saturday, April 23, 2016
I love wearing makeup, but its not the easiest thing in the world to remove. I love makeup that lasts all day without budging which has led to me spending a ton of time trying to find the perfect way to remove my makeup at the end of the day.
Thursday, April 21, 2016
Hello! I have been picking up some new makeup and nail polishes lately so I decided that it would be fun to do a haul. I have been cleaning out a ton of old makeup and had a ton of space at the end! Of course I decided to fill up that empty space with new products.
Tuesday, April 19, 2016
Thank you so much for considering working with LittleMissFangirly! This is a beauty, fashion, and lifestyle blog that is ready to help you promote your brand. I am happy to host giveaways, provide sidebar ads, promote social media campaigns, write sponsored posts, as well as accept products or services for review consideration.
I would like to let you know more about LittleMissFangirly so you can decide if this is the right blog for your brand! LittleMissFangirly is a USA based blog with a primarily female audience (91%) who is between the ages of 18-34 (76%). Average readers are primarily based in North America, The UK, and Asia.
Current Stats: As of April 2016
Page Views: between 1,000-2,000 per month
Facebook Likes: 496
Pinterest Followers: 148
Instagram Followers: 149
Twitter Followers: 177
If you are interested in working with LittleMissFangirly please feel to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the contact form in the sidebar.
Monday, April 18, 2016
*I received this product for free from www.skin18.com in exchange for my honest review*
Hello! I love using face masks and lately I have been trying to use up all of my sheet masks. I pulled this one out the other day and I decided to try it out because I had never used a 4D mask and I was curious about whether or not it was going to be any different from a regular sheet mask. I was also curious about the benefits of salmon for the face.After doing a bit of research I figured out that 4D masks are basically regular sheet masks that fit better than traditional sheet masks due to straps that fit over the ears. Most 4D masks cover the face as well as the neck which is great! I also learned that salmon roe is packed with antioxidants which help to give the skin a boost of radiance and moisture. I had heard of the Foodaholic brand before, but this was the first time that I had tried out any of their products. In case you were wondering, I got this mask from www.skin18.com which is my favorite place to get affordable masks. Keep on reading if you want to know my first impressions of this 4D Salmon Roe Mask!
Foodaholic 4D Salmon Roe Mask link!
- Has a nice floral scent that isn't overpowering
- Is made out of a thicker material than most sheet masks so you don't have to worry about it tearing when you are putting it on
- Has the perfect amount of liquid! I hate when masks have too much or not enough liquid!
- sticks on very well!
- The ear straps helped the mask stay in place and I didn't have to worry about staying still like I usually do when wearing a sheet mask ( I wish I would have taken a picture to show you the straps, but I forgot!)
- Didn't irritate my skin or break me out!
- Doesn't contain any alcohol, parabens, pigments, steroids, formaldehyde, or benzophenone
- Left my skin feeling moisturized without leaving a heavy residue
- I wish the ear straps were just a tiny bit looser, but I guess that is what helped to keep it in place
Overall, I was really happy with this mask! When I took it off my skin immediately looked brighter and felt very moisturized. My skin stayed looking great for the next few hours before it wore off, but I think I would have to use this mask more often to see any lasting effects. I will definitely be repurchasing this mask and I am now curious about trying other 4D masks. If you want to try out this mask now is the perfect time to pick it up because it is 50% off on skin18.com when you enter the code 2016SUP50%OFF at checkout which will make it only $1.65! link! I love trying out face masks so please feel free to leave your recommendations for which mask I should try next in the comments below.
See you soon,
*I received this product in exchange for my honest review from skin18.com and all of the provided links are affiliate links.*
Monday, April 11, 2016
Hello! Its been quite a while since I just sat down and wrote a chatty coffee break post so here it goes! These coffee break posts are a lot of fun to write and they are the ones that I really missed during my break from blogging. I actually planned on today being a photo taking day, but the weather decided to get in my way. I try to use natural light to take photos because my indoor lighting isn't great for photos. It started out being a sunny morning, but it quickly turned into a dark and windy day. I have decided to make the best out of this gloomy day by siting down with a cup of coffee and chatting with all of you. Now on to the coffee break!
I really need to work on taking better photos! I take most of my photos with natural light with a white background, but I really want to step up my photography skills. I would love to get better at taking flat lays without products rolling around. I tried using tape, but it didn't always stay in place. Do you have any recommendations for what I can use to hold products in place? I am also trying to come up with some new backgrounds instead of just using white. For awhile I was really into the white background, but now I really want to spice it up!
I am also trying to come up with some post ideas so that I don't have to come up with the idea for each post when I sit down to write. I have some ideas for future posts, but I'm always open to suggestions! Are there any beauty products that you would like me to try out and review? Are there any beauty DIY's that you would like to see me try? Please feel free to let me know what kinds of posts you would like to see in the comments.
How can I be writing a coffee break post without mentioning coffee? I am still completely hooked on coffee and I probably drink it way to much! It hasn't warmed up enough for me to drink iced coffee so I am all about sipping on a steaming hot cup of coffee. I usually use plain powder creamer or half and half, but lately I have been into really strong coffee so I am using less creamer. I have always loved really strong coffee so now I am basically drinking jet fuel! If I use any less creamer I will just be drinking black coffee!
I should probably stop rambling now before this turns into incoherent babbling! Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chatty coffee break and now I will get back to drinking my coffee before it gets cold!
See you soon,
Saturday, April 9, 2016
*All of the face masks mentioned in this post were provided in exchange for my honest review by skin18.com*
If you are a regular reader than it will be no surprise to you that I am a big fan of sheet masks. Sheet masks started off gaining popularity in Asia and now they are becoming popular in the US. Sheet masks are a great way to give your skin a quick treat because they only need to be left on for 15-20 mins. Sheet masks are also great for travel because they are individually packaged and are disposable. There are tons of sheet masks to choose from, so you should be able to find one for your unique skin concerns. I know that it can sometimes be overwhelming to see so many different kinds of sheet masks so I decided to put together this guide. I hope this will help you navigate the world of sheet masks!
Brightening Sheet Masks
- Brightening masks are great for evening out your skintone, reviving dull skin, and improving the appearance of acne scars and age spots
- Words to look for are vitamin C, lemon, or arbutin
- The mask in the photo above can be found here link!
- I also have a First Impressions post about this mask link!
Moisturizing Sheet Masks
- Moisturizing masks are great for anyone with dry skin
- These masks are great to use during a flight because the recycled air on planes is know to dry out the skin
- Words to look for are honey, aloe, snail (I know it sounds gross, but it really works!), or hyaluronic acid
- The honey mask in the photo above can be found here link!
- The green (Lipidure) in the photo above mask can be found here link!
- The yellow (EGF) mask in the photo above can be found here link!
- Anti-Aging masks are great for those with more mature skin as well as anyone looking to prevent or delay signs of aging
- Words to look for are collagen, Coenzyme Q10, Syn-Ake (This is a man-made anti-aging compound that mimics the protein in snake venom.) and royal jelly
- The purple (Syn-Ake) mask in the photo above can be found here link!
- The blue (wrinkle care) mask in the photo above can be found here link!
I hope you have enjoyed my guide to sheet masks. I know that I only covered 3 types of masks, but I am hoping to write a part 2 in the future. All of the masks pictured came from www.skin18.com which is my favorite place to buy sheet masks. They offer great sales and they also have a great selection of freebies. They even have a section of freebies that you can order with free shipping (some freebies do require a minimum purchase and some do not require any purchase!) I had a lot of fun writing this and I cant wait to start on part 2! Please let me know if you have any questions about sheet masks in the comments below.
See you soon,
*All of the links above are affiliate links. You can find out more about my use of affiliate links in the disclaimer which can be found at the top of this page*
Thursday, April 7, 2016
Hi everyone! It's finally starting to feel like Spring where I live so I decided that it would be fun to do a Spring bucket list. Where I live Spring doesn't seem to last very long so I feel like I need to make the most of it while it lasts. I thought it would be great idea to set a few goals for myself so that I can make the most out of this Spring. If you want to know what is on my Spring bucket list then keep on reading!
- Spring Cleaning
- I know that this is something everyone says that they are going to do and never get around to it, but I have actually decided to focus on a few areas in my life that definitely need to be cleaned!
- My Closet!
- My closet looks like a total mess! My closet has a built in system with a ton of space, but since everything is just thrown all over the place I can't even see the ground!
- My closet is basically a dumping ground for my clothes, shoes, and everything else that I want to keep out of site. This definitely needs to change so I am planning on spending a weekend just focusing on cleaning my closet.
- This will also give me the chance to put away my cold weather clothes and bring out my warm weather clothes. Hello shorts and tank tops! Speaking of clothes...
- Making the most out of my wardrobe
- I am definetly guilty of looking in my closet and saying "I have nothing to wear!" all the time.
- I want to come up with some new outfits using clothes that I already have in my closet.
- I have been scouring Pintest for some outfit inspiration and I can't wait to wear some new outfits without spending a dime!
- Makeup/ Beauty Products
- I haven't cleaned out my makeup in about a year which I know is so bad! I just read an article the other day about the dangers of using expired makeup which is what inspired me to clean out my makeup.
- I have actually been doing some research on how to know when makeup is expired so I may end up writing a post on this!
- I love all things beauty so naturally I have beauty products scattered all over my house. I really need to come up with a good way to organize and store my products.
- Spend more time outside
- I have to admit that I am a total indoor person, but since the weather is so nice outside I am determined to get outside and enjoy it while it lasts!
- I don't have any definitely plans for this one, but having lunch outside and exploring outdoor malls sounds like fun!
- Drink more water!
- I am constantly reminding myself to drink more water! I have noticed that I need to have water in front of me in order to actually drink it. I am pretty good about drinking water when I'm at home, but that totally goes out the window when I leave the house. I really need to start carrying water with me when I'm not at home because that is when I don't drink water.
I know its not much, but that is my Spring bucket list! I have decided on just a few things that I really want to tackle instead of coming up with a ton of ideas that I wont be able to finish. Now that I have everything written down I can't wait to get started! Let me know if you have your own Spring bucket list in the comments below.
See you soon,
Tuesday, April 5, 2016
Hello everyone! I know that I have been gone for the past 6 months or so, but now I'm back! Around October of last year I started to fall into the dreaded blogger burnout. I had gotten on a very strict posting and networking schedule that worked for awhile, but then I missed a few days which ended up turning into months. As the days, weeks, and months went by I didn't know if I wanted to go back to blogging, but I have decided its time for the return of LittleMissFangirly!
For the past few months every time I tried new beauty products or went shopping I would say "this would make a great blog post" or "I should take some photos of the products before I use them". This is how I (and everyone else around me) knew that it was time for me to go back to blogging. I even started keeping the packages to products so that I would be able to use them for reference or for photos. That's when I decided that it was time for me to quit just saying that I wanted to blog and start actually blogging.
All of this has lead me right back to LittleMissFangirly! I still have a love of all things beauty, fashion, and lifestyle that I love sharing with you. This time around I have decided that I won't be so hard on myself about sticking to a schedule because that just left me feeling burnt-out. Instead I am going to aim for 3 posts a week which I hope will be manageable, but I am going to try my best to not be so hard on myself if I can't make it every week. I can't wait to see what it is store for LittleMissFangirly in the future and I hope you will enjoy the journey!
See you soon,